1. DEVELOP A QUALITY LEAD GENERATION OFFER Blog posts are great for driving website traffic and SEO. However, if you want to grow your list you need to create free, 'gated content' that requires visitors to provide their email address for access. Your offer should be of significant value to your ideal customers, helping to solve a challenge they face. Remember, quite often this will be your first impression - make it outstanding!
2. PROMINENTLY DISPLAY YOUR LEAD GENERATION OFFER Don't make people rummage through your site to try and find out how they can sign-up for your emails. Include subscribe options prominently throughout your website, either through a dedicated tab on your main navigation, or through ‘display ads’ or buttons on your site’s main pages.
3. SHORTEN THE LENGTH OF YOUR LEAD CAPTURE FORMS Most people don't want to take the time to fill in a long string of fields with personal information just to acquire a freebie. Keep your subscribe forms short and simple. Often first name and email is enough. Going one step further by giving them the option to provide their website url as well will allow you to gain a clearer understanding of your audience and segment your list.
4. BUILD A BLOG AS A HOME BASE FOR YOUR CONTENT Google loves blogs. By consistently updating your blog with new, keyword-rich content, you’ll boost your SEO and rankings with Google. That means more people will find your website, and if they find your content valuable and engaging there’s a good chance that they will subscribe.
5. INCLUDE A CTA AT THE END OF EVERY BLOG POST Give your audience the chance to take that next step by including a call to action (CTA) at the bottom of every blog post. These may include links to further content, an invitation to contact you or a link to your free offer or special sales offer.
6. SHARE LINKS TO YOUR CONTENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA Sharing links to your free and gated content through appropriate social channels can be extremely effective in reaching your target audience and increasing subscribers. People love helpful information, and by providing consistent, quality content, they will come to see you as a knowledgeable industry leader.
7. OPTIMIZE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES Give your social media followers clear and prominent access to your website and content. For example, your Facebook business page has the option for a button under your header image. You can link this button to your 'free offer' landing page. You also want to be sure your personal social media pages include reference to your business with a link to your website and free offer.
8. COLLABORATE Look for friends and associates who have businesses that compliment yours, have excellent reputations and ideally, significant email subscriber lists. Then, think of ways you can work together that will benefit both of you. Some collaborative activities to consider may include hosting a webinar, podcast or Facebook live. Write an article or ebook together. Offer to interview them. Cross promote each other’s products, services or offers. Then, make the event or content gated, people must provide their email address, and you will then both have access to that list. Just remember to be transparent about your opt-in policies so they know how their email will be used. It’s a win, win! For more details on the benefits of collaboration, check out: Establishing Collaborative Partnerships with Equine Business Professionals.
9. ENHANCE YOUR EMAIL SIGNATURE If you’re simply including your name and business name at the end of every email, you’re wasting valuable real estate. At the very least, include a link to your website, and even better, also include a link to your opt-in page so people can easily subscribe. But don’t just say “subscribe to my list”. Make it an enticing offer to grab a valuable piece of content!
10. MAKE YOUR CONTENT SHAREABLE Include social sharing buttons and "forward to a friend" links on every piece of content you produce. This will expand your content’s reach beyond your regular readers and increase the chance for new subscribers.
11. HOST A CONTEST, RAFFLE OR QUIZ Contests, raffles and quizzes, held either online or onsite at trade shows, provide the opportunity for your audience to enter their email address and perhaps answer a few short questions for the chance to win a prize. Consider what prize your audience would find valuable enough to take the time to participate.
These are just a few ways you can increase your subscriber list and grow your qualified leads. If you need more details or help implementing any of these tactics and strategies, contact us today for a complimentary discovery session.
For more helpful information on how to grow your equine business, check out the links below:
HOW TO DRIVE 10X MORE TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE
FREE VIDEO GUIDE – THE POWER OF MARKETING FUNNELS
PROMOTING CONTENT BEYOND YOUR SUBSCRIBERS’ INBOX
THE TOP FOUR MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR YOUR EQUINE BUSINESS
BUILDING CUSTOMER LOYALTY