Driving quality traffic to your website is key to increasing your qualified leads and conversions. Of course, you can pay for traffic through social media ads and Google AdWords, but there are many other ways to drive targeted traffic as well, that won't cost you a dime.
OPTIMIZE YOUR WEBSITE
To assure you have the best chance of converting leads into customers, the first place to start is by making sure your website is optimized for visitors and search engines. Even if your promotions are getting clicks, if the user experience and content on your site are not of value to your visitors, your conversion rates will be low.
Ways to optimize your website for conversion:
- Landing Pages - Landing page graphics and aesthetics should match or closely compliment those of your link origins for a seamless, transitional experience. This assures you will build trust and avoid confusion for your site visitors.
- Quality Content - The #1 way to drive traffic is by creating quality content that will be of value to your target audience. In the next section we will explore different types of content options for you to consider.
- Keywords & SEO - SEO can get complicated. Simply put, by inserting relevant keyword phrases in the appropriate places, you will significantly increase traffic and Google rankings. Choose only one target keyword phrase for each webpage. Then insert that phrase into the page content, page title, header tags, page link urls, page description and image alt tags. By doing this you’re telling Google, this page is all about your 'keyword phrase'. Then when someone searches for that phrase, your web page will show up.
- Calls to Action - Encourage engagement to strengthen your relationship with your audience and move them through your sales funnel.
- Lead Capture Forms - Your email list is still your most valuable tool for converting leads into customers.
- Aesthetics & Ease of Navigation - Three words: Positive. User. Experience.
TYPES OF CONTENT
Some content will simply drive traffic, increasing your SEO and building trust. Other types of content will serve as lead capture tools, allowing you to gather email addresses, moving your prospects through your sales funnel and providing other key demographics for your future follow-up.
Consider a mix of the following when creating your content:
- Informative Articles & Blog Posts
- Sales Offers
- Product Reviews
- Company News
- Testimonials & Case Studies
- Polls & Surveys
- White Papers & Ebooks
So you've optimized your website. Your awesome content is ready for the world to see. Now, how do you get your audience from point A to point B? Backlinks. By sharing links to your content through a variety of platforms you will maximize traffic and leads.
- Social Media Posts - Create a post with an inspiring image (complimenting the imagery on your linked webpage) and enticing text, with a link to the full content.
- Email Newsletters - Share your new content with your email subscribers. Include an enticing introduction and perhaps the first paragraph. Then place a "Read More" link taking them to your website to continue reading.
- Email Personal Contacts - Send individual emails to clients, prospects and business associates inviting them to click and share.
- Social Media Groups - Share your new content with pertinent equine & industry groups on your social media channels.
- Media Promotions - Create a short, targeted list of journalists and publication contacts, then share a press release about your new content.
- Networking Publications - create a news item for publication through your chamber of commerce or equine club's newsletter.
OTHER SOURCES OF FREE TRAFFIC
- Local Google Listing - If you own a business that caters to customers or clients within your local area, the first thing you should do is set up a local Google listing. It's free, and provides valuable SEO.
- Reputable Online Directories - Listing your business in reputable online directories provides an often free or low cost opportunity to promote your business to those searching for your products or services.
- Guest Blogging - Guest blog posts often provide the option to include an 'about' section at the bottom of your article, so those who've found your content helpful can click through to your website to learn more about your business.
- Collaborative Partnerships - Partnering with other industry experts and thought leaders through collaborative content and offerings can be an extremely beneficial way to expand your audience and potential leads.
- Optimize Personal Social Media Profiles - By including links to your business page and website in the about section of your personal social media profile you will introduce your business to a whole new audience.
- Email Signatures - Never miss an opportunity to share a link to your website. Your email signature should serve as your digital business card.
- Engage Online - Be active and helpful in relevant online groups and websites. Comment on blogs and social media posts, answer questions, and participate in conversations. You'll gain authority, respect and traffic. Remember, never be spammy or salesy. Increased traffic should not be the goal of your engagement, but rather a secondary benefit.
- Google AdWords - Google AdWords can be a bit pricey and may require the assistance of an expert, but when done well, provides fast, effective results.
- Paid Social Ads - Paid social ads are an extremely valuable way to target specific segments of your audience. Again, an expert will help you get the most for your money.
- Remarketing (aka retargeting) - Remarketing through Facebook Ads or Google AdWords, allows you to target subsequent ads to people who have previously clicked through to your website. It is an excellent way to repeatedly get your brand in front of qualified leads, nurture your audience and increase the success of your digital marketing efforts.
- Digital Display Ads - Branded banner ads placed on relevant websites help expand your audience.
- Print Ads - Although distribution of print publications has somewhat decreased in recent years, strategically placed print ads and content promotions are still an effective way to reach your target audience.
LEARN FROM YOUR ANALYTICS
Google Analytics is a powerful tool, especially when used in conjunction with the reporting provided through your social media pages, email marketing platform and website. Tracking your sources of traffic will help you understand what's working and what's not.
In conclusion, attracting quality website traffic takes some time & effort. However, each step you take will garner greater results. Start slow, build your efforts over time and track your analytics. You will consistently increase quality traffic & qualified leads, ultimately converting those leads into customers.
Let's connect. If you found this information helpful, or if you have questions or suggested topics for future articles, send a quick email and let me know. I'd love to hear from you and will respond personally. If you'd like help implementing these recommendations and growing you your equine business, let's schedule a complimentary Discovery Session to explore how we can best reach your goals together.
Moz: It's Content & It's Links - Are We Making SEO Too Complicated?
HubSpot: 27 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Quicksprout: 25 Ways To Increase Website Traffic
WordStream: Increase Traffic To Your Website
At Equine Office Solutions, we understand the unique challenges that horse-related business owners face in today’s rapidly changing digital world. Our clients enjoy focused, personalized support, customized marketing plans and comprehensive sales funnels designed to increase website traffic and generate qualified leads. Contact us to learn how you can achieve your goals with consistent, quality results.
If you haven’t yet subscribed, you can do so HERE. You’ll also receive our acclaimed eBook, the Zero-Budget Marketing Plan For Equine Business Owners!